Heirloom Tomato, Rosemary Cannellini & Kale Salad
Summer is almost over, and I’m getting started on planting my Fall tomato crop with many new heirlooms. The time investment and back-breaking labor is worth the hundreds of mosquito bites I just endured while tearing down the garden to start fresh. Just what you wanted to see, more tomato recipes! Hopefully by the end of October though, we’ll have some new beauties to show you to help inspire you to eat more tomatoes and even maybe try growing some of your own!
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, lay out baby kale leaves, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast about 15 to 20 minutes or until crispy.
- In the meantime, lay out the tomatoes on a platter, and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to a small saute pan. Heat gently then add garlic and rosemary, and cook for a few minutes without browning the garlic. Add cannellini beans and lemon zest to heat through. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper, and stir well.
- Pour cannellini mixture over tomatoes then layer with roasted kale leaves. Squeeze half of a fresh lemon over salad. Serve warm.