Stuffed And Grilled Jalapeno's
- When making the instant mashed potatoes, use less water than what the package calls for to make a thicker mixture. Stir in the cream cheese then let the mixture cool.
- Add cheese, salt, and any optional ingredients, if using, to the potato-cream cheese mixture, and stir well. Set peppers in holder**, stuff, and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Turn grill to medium-high or preheat oven to 350 degrees, if baking.
- Place jalapenos on the grill, and put the hood down.
- If baking, place in oven. Cook for about 15 minutes then move them to a cooler part of the grill for 15 minutes more. When they are browned, bubbly, and tender, they are ready.
- Let cool before eating because they will be hot!
*If you do not want to use the mashed potatoes, use more cheese of your choice, such as Monterey Jack, Cheddar, or Swiss.
** If you do not have a pepper holder, lay the peppers on aluminum foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray and then place on the grill.