Coconut Panna Cotta
July 21, 2014
1 T Unflavored gelatin
1 T Water
2 T Coconut Rum (optional)
1 can Coco Loco Coconut Cream
1 can Coconut Milk (not lite)
1 Vanilla bean, split (optional)
2 C Heavy cream, chilled
1/4 C Sugar or confectioner's sugar
- In a small cup, sprinkle gelatin over water and rum. If not using rum, replace with 2 T water. Let sit to bloom or soften.In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut cream, coconut milk, vanilla bean (if using), heavy cream, and sugar just until the sides of the pan begin to bubble. Do not boil.
- Remove the vanilla bean, and add gelatin. Whisk over low heat until completely dissolved. Fill a large bowl with some ice and cold water. Place another bowl in that bowl, and pour the milk mixture through a strainer. Cool the mixture, stirring gently, every few minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Once it begins to set, remove from the ice bath.Divide the mixture evenly between six 7 to 8 oz ramekins or custard cups. Chill until firm, preferably overnight.
- Before serving, let sit at room temperature about 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edges of the cups and invert onto a serving plate.
- Decorate with fresh fruit or coconut pieces.
- *I melted a red currant jelly in the bottom of the bowls then let firm back up. Then I poured the mixture over that to create a reddish-pink bottom that became the top when inverted. I also used red currants for garnish when they were in season.
Rated based on 0 customer reviews