Cranberry - Coconut Ice Cream With Cinnamon-Scented Candied Pecans
This fabulously rich dessert is made with whole coconut milk, sugar, vanilla, and cranberry sauce. This is an incredible base for any in-season fruit that you would like to add. There are only 4 ingredients to make this dreamy, creamy, and oh-so-addicting vegan and dairy free ice cream! Once you have made your base in the ice cream maker, you can serve soft or freeze for a few more hours.
- Ice Cream Instructions: Chill the coconut milk for a few hours, and prep the candied pecans. Add the coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla to a blender. Blend until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add nuts to the mixture in the last few seconds of mixing. Reserve some for garnish, if desired.
- Gently fold in the cranberry sauce.
- Freeze using an ice cream maker about 25 minutes, according to the manufacturer's instructions. Serve immediately for a soft serve texture or place the ice cream in a container and freeze for a more firm texture.
- Cinnamon-Scented Candied Pecans Instructions: In a small bowl, toss pecans with sugar and salt. Melt butter in a large saute pan over a medium-high heat. Add the nut mixture, stirring frequently as the sugar melts and caramelizes. The mixture will smoke so watch carefully. When the nuts have browned and toasted, pour out onto parchment paper to cool. Once cooled, break into pieces.
Yield: 1 quart
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 4 hours, if freezing longer.