"Fun Food For Tailgating" - Fried (Alligator) Gator Tail And Swamp Head Brewery's Big Nose American Ipa
We are featuring these recipes and more on “FUN FOOD FOR TAILGATING,” a segment on WTSP Studio 10 Live, CBS, in Tampa/St. Pete! When the link is available, we will share it with you!
http://www.wtsp.com/features/studio10.Contact info for the gator meat and Swamp Head Brewery, along with their tasting notes on Big Nose, are below. A huge thank you to Brandon Nappy, TMD, and his team at SWAMP HE AD BREWERY, for contributing BIG NOSE, that we paired with the gator tail and are showcasing on WTSP CBS, in Tampa! It is delicious! Please check out all they have to offer. http://www.SwampHead.com ***BIG NOSE is an extremely well balanced American IPA. The big floral and citrus hop aroma and flavor comes from two different dry hop additions and tons of late flavor hops. Featuring a healthy malt backbone, Big Nose balances out the copious amount of hops, leaving our IPA not overly bitter and very drinkable for a 7.3% ABV American IPA. *I used, Williams Alligator Processing , Hawthorne, Florida- Phone number: 352.368.8619.
- Heat oil in heavy pot/pan to 375 degrees. You will need two bowls.
- After cutting meat, dry well with paper towels.In one bowl whisk egg whites. In another bowl add the seasoning mixture.
- Dredge meat into egg whites, then into dry mixture. Coating them well. Cook them in portions so as not to crowd the pan and lower the temperature.
- Fry until crispy and golden brown.
- Lay on paper towels and season lightly with salt.
- Set on platter and garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges. Serve with sauce.