Holiday Cranberry Biscotti
October 1, 2014
Perfect for gift giving and for a ladies morning get-together. Just remember they are best dunked into your coffee or tea.
6 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries or Craisins
1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds, Pistachios, or any nut of your liking
2 Tablespoons candied ginger, minced
1 Tablespoon rosemary, chopped
1 Tablespoon coconut flakes, optional
16 oz. chocolate for melting
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Cut a sheet of parchment to fit the baking pan. Measure and mark a 15” x 5” rectangle, or use a marked Silpat.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and coconut oil until fluffy. Add sugar and blend about 2 minutes. Add in eggs, rosemary and vanilla. Mix in flour and baking powder. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Fold in candied ginger, craisins and nuts. On prepared baking sheet, shape the dough into a 12”x5”x1/2” rectangle. Put a little extra flour on your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Place back into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven. With a serrated knife, cut into 1/2" slices. Lay on their sides, place bake into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove, turn onto other side and bake another 10 minutes. Remove to racks to cool. Dredge or drizzle chocolate onto cooled biscotti.
Rated based on 0 customer reviews