Olive Oil Pistachio Fudge Brownies
March 18, 2016
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate or bittersweet, finely chopped
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup shelled pistachios, quick rough chop
Flake sea salt, optional, but highly recommended
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with parchment paper; lightly oil/butter parchment.
- Whisk dry ingredients together; flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, espresso powder, salt. Set aside.
- Combine olive oil and chopped chocolate in a small saucepan, over low heat until the chocolate is almost melted. Remove from heat and continue to gently stir until smooth. The residual heat from the pan will melt the last few bits of chocolate.
- Stir in granulated sugar until incorporated. The batter will be grainy and pasty.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time, whisking completely after each one, until batter is smooth and shiny. Whisk in vanilla.
- Stir dry ingredients into the melted chocolate mixture and stir until just incorporated. Gently stir in chocolate chips and most of pistachios; reserving some for the top. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with reserved pistachios, and flake sea salt, if using.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until top is shiny and puffed.
- Cool at least 1 hour before slicing into squares.
Rated based on 0 customer reviews