Smoky Honey Habanero Wings
October 20, 2015
For The Wings - 2 lbs. chicken wings
1/3 cup honey granules mixture
1-2 tsp. habanero powder
1 T smoky paprika
1 tsp. salt
For The Sauce - 4 garlic cloves
1 knob fresh ginger, diced
1/3 cup pickled ginger, drained
1/4 cup mayo, regular
1/2 cup sour cream
zest of 1 lime and then add juice of half a lime
1 tsp salt or more to taste|dill, garnish optional
- For The Wings - Mix the powder and paprika into the granules. Taste the spice mixture. Adjust to your liking. Rub spice all over the chicken pieces. Cover; let marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes to overnight. Either grill over medium heat or broil.
- For these wings, I broiled on each side about 8-9 minutes, or until done. Turn the pan as necessary, so as not to let the sugar burn in spots.
- Garnish with dill sprigs or even cilantro and extra lime slices. Add an extra sprinkling of spice mixture.
- You can drizzle honey over the wings after they are finished or serve a little on the side.
- Add mayo, sour cream, salt and lime juice. Process till smooth.
- Stir in zest. The longer it sits in the fridge, the better it gets!
- Serve as a dipping sauce for the wings!
For the Sauce - In food processor, add garlic and all ginger. Process, then scrape down and process until finely minced.
SN: If you cannot get the granules mixture, don’t panic! Make your own!! It is basically the same as above; (brown) sugar, salt, smoky paprika and habanero powder.
Rated based on 1 customer reviews